Correct Keyboarding Position
- Practice during lots of short periods instead of a few long periods.
- Tape a piece of paper to the back of the keyboard when you type at home.
- Not looking at the keys is really important!
- If your fingers get tired, take a break and do "Finger Gymastics"
- Watch yourself get more accurate with practice!
- Don't worry about speed. Be accurate!
- If you find your typing is getting less accurate, slow down!
- Reminder: Good posture helps keyboard correctly!
- When placing your fingers in home room position, remember to have your wrist slightly raised and not resting on the table. This helps with correct keystroking.
- Learn to keyboard without looking, and you will develop keyboarding techniques and the speed will develop naturally with practice.